Sunday, April 22, 2007

I didn't last - failures of a caffeine quitter

Man...I didn't make it. Saturday rolled around and I procrastinated on a school project to the point that I needed caffeine to give me that mental boost that I could get no where else. What I forgot was how addicting that boost is. I admit that I was like a first time coke junkie. Wroom!!!! I was cranking out the material. I wrote about six pages in about two hours of work. The sleep thing is nice though. I get more restful sleep when I am off of caffeine and I feel more fully engaged when I am off of caffeine. When I'm on caffeine I feel like a revved up (productive) zombie. Honestly I feel like it is easier to engage into a focused activity when I am off of caffeine. However, my mind is not as quick. I am more thoughtful when I am off of caffeine, but I'm not sure I feel as fun. Should I stay or should I go now? Whooh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.

No comments: